It is because you have drained your internal CMOS battery too many times. The internal clock requires a small separate battery supplying power to run, it keeps a small supply for itself but that must have been drained too. Take it to apple or a repair shop to install a new CMOS battery. CMOS batteries aren’t expensive.
How do I keep the time from disappearing on my Mac?
How to fix a disappearing Dock on a Mac in System Preferences
- Click the Apple logo in your Mac’s upper left corner.
- Scroll down to “System Preferences.”
- Select “Dock.”
- If “Automatically hide and show the Dock” is checked, uncheck the box next to it.
How do I keep the clock displayed on my Mac?
In system preferences under the Date & Time pane select the “clock” tab. You should have the option to view the time in a window that you can move around the screen.
How do I change the time my Mac keeps turning off?
1 Energy Saver Settings
- Open the Apple menu, and select System Preferences.
- Select Energy Saver.
- You can adjust the Sleep times for your computer here. …
- If you want to schedule your computer to turn on and off at certain times, select Schedule.
- Adjust the times and behavior you want your computer to follow here.
On macOS Mojave, click on the System Preferences, the System Preferences window will open. Then click on the General setting icon. Then on the General window, uncheck the “Automatically hide and show the menu bar” to prevent menu bar from disappearing on macOS Mojave.
You can move your cursor to the top of the screen, or you can use the Fn+Control+F2 keyboard shortcut to temporarily show the menu bar. However, if you want to permanently show the menu bar, go back to the System Preferences and disable the “Automatically Hide and Show the Menu Bar” option.
How do I change my Mac to 24 hour clock?
Set Your Mac’s Clock to 24-Hour Time
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Click Dock & Menu Bar.
- From the sidebar, select Clock.
- Select the Use a 24-hour clock checkbox.
How do I always show the date and Time on my Mac?
Head to the Apple menu and open System Preferences. Go to the “Date & Time” preference panel and then choose the “Clock” tab. Toggle the box next to “Show Date” to instantly enable the date to appear in the menu bar.
How do I stop my Mac from going to sleep automatically?
How to use Energy Saver preferences to keep your Mac from sleeping
- Click on Energy Saver. …
- Toggle between the Battery and Power Adapter settings and slide the “Turn display off after” bar to your desired setting. …
- Select “Put hard disks to sleep when possible.”
Why does my Mac sleep so fast?
An Apple MacBook has an energy-saver feature that turns off the device automatically if you don’t use it after a certain amount of time. You can set the time interval before the laptop goes into sleep mode, or you can prevent the MacBook from ever going to sleep by changing the Energy Saver utility settings.
Exit full screen mode
If you’re in full screen mode, your toolbar will be hidden by default. This is the most common reason for it to disappear. To leave full screen mode: On a PC, press F11 on your keyboard.