On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on. Then tap Send & Receive and make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID that your Apple Watch is using. If you aren’t signed in, sign in to iMessage with your Apple ID.
Why can’t I text on my Apple Watch without my phone?
To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn’t need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.
How do I enable Messages on my Apple Watch?
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Tap My Watch, then tap Messages. Tap Custom to set options for how you want to be notified when you receive a message.
How do I send a text from my Apple Watch?
Apple Watch – Create and Send a Text Message
- From the Watch face screen, press the. Digital Crown. to access the Apps screen.
- Tap the. Messages icon. .
- Tap. New Message. (at the top).
- Tap. Add Contact. …
- Tap. Create Message. …
- Do one of the following: Turn the Digital Crown then tap the desired suggested reply. …
- Tap. Send.
Why is my watch not getting texts?
Check if Do Not Disturb or Airplane mode is switched off. Check your Apple Watch’s Control Center to confirm that both Do Not Disturb and Airplane mode are switched off on your device. If either is turned on, you won’t be able to receive messages or other notifications (by intention). Check your connection.
Why is my watch getting texts but not my phone?
– Check that Notifications are enabled, along with Show in Notification Centre and Show on Lock Screen. Disable and re-enable iMessage on your iPhone: – On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Messages > turn off iMessage, wait for a few moments and then re-enable it. Restart both your iPhone and your watch.
Why are my texts not syncing with my Apple Watch?
To do so, open the Watch app on your iPhone, and then scroll down and tap Messages. At the top of the next screen, tap Mirror my iPhone. … Select Reset Sync Data, and the app will purge the sync data from your Apple Watch and then reset it. Unpair and then re-pair your Apple Watch.
How do I get text Messages on my smartwatch?
Send a text message
- If you can’t see your screen, wake up the watch.
- Swipe right until you see the Assistant screen. Then, tap Microphone . …
- Say “Send a text to” and then say a contact’s name or phone number.
- Speak the message you’d like to send. The watch will show you the text message.
- To send the message, tap Send .
Why won t my text messages send?
If your Android won’t send text messages, the first thing you should do is make sure you have a decent signal — without cell or Wi-Fi connectivity, those texts are going nowhere. A soft reset of an Android can usually fix an issue with outgoing texts, or you can also force a power cycle reset.
Can you text from Apple Watch without iPhone?
A Wi-Fi or mobile connection lets your Apple Watch do the following things, even if your iPhone isn’t with you. Use Siri to get directions, send iMessages and more. Send and receive messages.
Does Apple Watch have a keyboard to text?
The Apple Watch doesn’t come with a built-in keyboard. You can use the Scribble feature or Siri to send emails and text on your Apple Watch. To text a contact, press the digital crown on your watch to wake Siri > say “Text Contact_Name” and tell Siri what you’d like the message to be.
How do I get text notifications on both iPhone and Apple Watch?
If you turn off Wrist Detection (on your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode – turn off Wrist Detection), then all notification alerts will be delivered to both devices.
Why am I not getting text message notifications on my iPhone?
When you aren’t receiving iPhone message notifications, make sure the Messages app is permitted to show them on the Lock Screen, Notification Center, and elsewhere. To do this: Open Settings and tap Notifications > Messages. Ensure Allow Notifications is green.