Why won’t my Apple Watch restore from backup?
You cannot manually restore your Apple Watch from a previous backup once it’s set up already. Hence, you’ll need to unpair your Apple Watch and set it up all over again.
Can you recover Apple Watch data?
Back up your Apple Watch: When paired with an iPhone, Apple Watch content is backed up continuously to the iPhone. … Restore your Apple Watch from a backup: If you pair your Apple Watch with the same iPhone again, or get a new Apple Watch, you can choose Restore from Backup and select a stored backup on your iPhone.
How do I find my Apple Watch backup?
How to check a backup of your Apple Watch has happened
- With the Watch unpaired, open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Choose iPhone Storage.
- Scroll through what may be a very long list, until you find Watch.
- Under the heading Documents & Data, look for the list of available backups.
Do I restore from backup or set up new watch?
Set up as new or restore from a backup
If this is your first Apple Watch, tap Set Up as New Apple Watch. Otherwise, tap Restore from Backup. If asked, update your Apple Watch to the latest version of watchOS.
How do I manually backup my Apple Watch?
How to back up your Apple Watch
- Go to Settings on the iPhone.
- Tap the top section, which includes your Apple ID and iCloud settings.
- From here, tap iCloud and scroll down to iCloud Backup.
How do I restore my Apple Watch without my iPhone?
Reset without iPhone
- Head to Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Tap General.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If you’re using a passcode, enter it when prompted.
- Swipe down and choose Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan if you have a cellular watch.
What does restore from backup mean on Apple Watch?
Your Apple Watch data is backed up to the iPhone that it’s paired with. … When you back up your iPhone to iCloud or your computer, your iPhone backup includes your Apple Watch data. This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
How do I restore from backup on iPhone?
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup
- Turn on your device. …
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Choose a backup. …
- When asked, sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases.
What will I lose if I reset my Apple Watch?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
How do I reconnect Apple Watch?
Before you can pair the Apple Watch again, you’ll have to enter the Apple ID and password that was used to set it up.
- Put the Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.
- After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.